Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is Rama described as having green skin?

I've begun reading the Ramayana, and have been told the stories of it all throughout my childhood. I pucked up the 'William Buck' translation of the Ramayana, and began reading it (I only speak english).





However, I stopped on Page 16, when Lord Narayana is born in the form of Rama, and it says, "He had colorful green eyes; his skin was cool soft green/ and so smooth even dust would not cling to him; his wavy hair/ was dark green." It also goes on to say that Rama had forty teeth, and that Bharata had red skin and hair.





However, I have never heard ANY of these descriptions about them. Everybody I ask as well has never heard them.





Did William Buck add this in, or is this how they are originally described in the Valmiki Ramayana?

Is Rama described as having green skin?
the Ramayana and Mahabharata talks about spaceships called Vimanas.





Tribes people were visited by angels and they would call these angels by these names they created.





So pretty much Rama was not even real they created him in there mind.
Reply:This is the first time I have heard that. If any, Rama is supposed to have dark skin because he is supposed to be an avatar of Vishnu. The above addition must be William Buck's.



hotels reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment