Friday, October 23, 2009

My gum tissue is regrowing after years of recession, owed in part to poor dental hygiene. How is this possible

Hello,





I've been stimulating my gums through the use of a rubber dental pick, the ones you find in cheap stores (or possibly big retail outlets) for a few bucks. So amazingly does it work, that I have now begun to grow small pockets of gum tissue (nothing miraculous, but still an achievement) around the areas of my two front teeth and bottom teeth (unsure of dentistry terms here, so I'll just speak in relative terms tht I can work with).





Keep in mind, though, that the stimulation I've been doing has been over holding my gum tissue in place [teasing] with the rubber instrument.





Is this something unheard of?





Thanks,





Av

My gum tissue is regrowing after years of recession, owed in part to poor dental hygiene. How is this possible
I will address the second part of your statement.





DO NOT GET YOUR TEETH PULLED!!!





I wanted my dentist to do this a long time ago, because I had some really bad teeth problems going on, but he said he refused, for two reasons:


1. My gums were good.


2. He said that as long as I had a root, he could build a tooth on it.





And so he did! I didn't get ANY teeth pulled, and now after several years of gradually getting dental work done, my teeth look great. There are many crowns, veneers, etc., but they look damn near perfect.





One lesson I've learned in all this is to take care of your teeth! I floss daily, and brush 3-5 times a day now, and I hardly ever have problems. I also make sure to do the cleaning every 4-6 months.


I only wish I had done this the first part of my life!


DON'T PULL YOUR TEETH!!!!!!!
Reply:how do you know your gums are regrowing? has your dentist confirmed this?





it is typically not possible to regrow gum tissue however it is possible for periodontal pockets to 'shrink' after cleanings because the inflammation has went down and the pocket numbers get smaller.





go see your dentist, cuz i don't believe you.



computers

No comments:

Post a Comment