Friday, October 23, 2009

Is there a shelf life on crest white strips?

I discovered I had a big box of crest white strips in my basement. I bought them 2-2 1/2 yrs. ago w/out evening realizing I had them!!


I've been using them only for about 3 days now but haven't noticed a difference, not like I did back then when I used the strips. I don't recall how many I used back then to get my desired results. I was wondering if they had a shelf life and this is why my teeth aren't getting whiter, or maybe it's just that I've not used that many yet. (for about 3 days twice day I've used them).


My teeth need whitening, but really aren't "that bad", lol !!


Do you think it's because i should just buy new strips? or just keep using them all up? I thought I recalled seeing a difference just after the 1st or 2nd try last time, of course they were brand new back then. They are like 56 bucks I think!

Is there a shelf life on crest white strips?
They probably are expired but have a little potency left in them, I don't think they can hurt your teeth, but certainly can't whiten them the way you want either. Although the strips are known to only be a temporary whitening method. If you are interested in a more permanent solution you really should see your dentist for either the bleaching trays or the one hour office bleaching. I am going to go ahead and send you some information on the different bleaching processes just in case your are interested. I hope it will be informative in helping you make a decision about bleaching your teeth.





To start with the best and easiest way is to see your dentist for a cleaning. They can remove the stains caused from the coffee, tea and smoking. Then the rest is up to your home care in keeping the stains off. Once you get the stains removed, it will be a lot easier to keep them off! Using a soft toothbrush and whitening toothpaste can do wonders alone, but sometimes you need a little extra help.





If you want the hollywood white, then talk to the dentist about home bleaching. He/she will suggest two different methods that are known to work well. One is bleaching trays that are custom made from impressions taken of your teeth. These work with a solution the dentist provides for you. The other is the in house, or one hour bleaching method that the doctor or his assistant preforms at the office.





The custom trays ususally takes a few minutes to a couple of hours a day for about two weeks to reach your desired results. Most patients I've found love this type of whitening. It allows them the freedom to judge when they need to "touch up" by bleaching whenever they feel their teeth have gotten stained from time, coffee, tea, wines and other things. It also allows them to touch up again months, or years down the road. The average cost of this is around $200-400. It's the method of bleaching I've used for over 15 years now, and I highly recommend this one.





Then there is the one hour system that the dentist does in his office, it's quiet expensive though, somewhere around the $600-$700 area. Some dentist don't use it or recomend it due to the sensitivity it causes. It's bleaching usually last for a couple of years and requires touch up with bleaching pens and mouthwashes which are expensive too. This gives you the instant white but the results aren't lasting.





So, it's really up to you and how much you want to spend to get those "pearly" whites. I would check around on the prices in your area. But the key question is, are you willing to maintain it, with regular appointments with your dentist and diligent home care? Talk to your dentist, they can answer all of your questions. Good luck!



Visual Basic

No comments:

Post a Comment